Saturday, September 8, 2012

HARK, and Behold Me! Tremble Before THE FOOTBALL!!



This will probably come as an enormous shock to everyone currently in the house with me, but

1.)  I am GREATLY excited about the happening of The  Football today, and

2.)  I am not in the greatest of moods.  ("Out of sorts," I like to call it.  Like Mary Poppins would say =)  I am NEVER "bitchy."  Sometimes I am simply out of sorts.  It makes it sound much sweeter that way. =)

I haven't been sleeping lately (Notice how I didn't say "I haven't been sleeping 'WELL' lately"? -- well that's not a typo).  And for a girl that needs 8 hours a night AND two cups of coffee each morning, this recent round of anywhere from 2 to 4 hours a night has been exhausting and nerve-wracking. 

And right here, just because everything in my heart is telling me "YES!!!", I'm going to insert something that I LOVE, that makes me feel all sweetly-nostalgic, AND that I feel perfectly describes me today.  You're welcome.  =)




And I have sausage balls in the oven RIGHT NOW (*an unspoken, but I hope CLEAR apology for any of today's current, or future, hormone-induced transgressions*).  . . .It is regrettable that the sausage balls were even needed. . . but not TOO regrettable, because I plan on chowing down on about 14 of them.  After about 14 I usually start getting sick and have a small sausage ball coma.  (These episodes don't appear to be life-threatening. . . but I'm a play-it-safe-r, so I'll probably just stop at the 14.)  We have 52 balls.  I know because I am just OCD enough to have actually COUNTED them as I was rolling them.  (Please don't judge me.)

***Michael strolls through the kitchen to say "Damn, baby!  These are the best ones you've ever cooked!"  And I feel a surge of PRIDE!!  . . .until I remember that I put the second batch in a few (but I'm sure how MANY!!) minutes ago, and I forgot to set the timer.  BLAST!!  . . . So that was probably the shortest surge of pride in recorded history.  =(  I'm so glad I get to live in such exciting times.***

We also have Little Smokies in barbecue sauce simmering in the crock pot, and several other football-food delights planned.  So, despite the rainy day outside, and despite my own irritable self, I am DETERMINED to make a go of having a good day today.

And, just for a little added insurance in this matter, I just took a bath with SEVEN rubber duckies.  (Six would've been too few; Eight is just madness.  WHO bathes with EIGHT DUCKIES??  Crazy people---that's who.) 

They are, from left to right:  Danger-Duck, his sidekick Bubbles, Cowboy Duckie, his wife Chickie-Duck, their son Wall-Eye, the Baby, and The Imposter.


So have a happy Saturday everybody.  Hope you have a chance to curl up with a good book, or have fun with your friends and family =)

Who am I kidding?  I love you guys too much for a weak sign-off like THAT!  Sooooo. . .

To everyone out there, from the bottom of my heart, I hope your Football People are the BEST Football People! 

HOORAY FOR THE SPORTING EVENTS!!

Your Friend,
Dani


No comments:

Post a Comment