Saturday, April 21, 2012

Homemade Lip Scrub =)

In keeping with trying to do at least 1 'crafty' thing every day or so, and keeping near-religious records of the aforementioned, today I decided to make a lip scrub.  I've already used it and it is now sitting on my bath-ledge, where I can use it every time I bathe.

And it was super-easy.

We'll make this quick, so here goes:

Take 4 Tbsp of Olive Oil, and 2 Tbsp of sugar:



Mix it up in a small bowl, and add about a Tbsp of baking soda.
(Also, I added just a few drops of Almond extract, just to make it smell nice, and a little squeeze of honey.  Both of these are purely optional.)



And, as I happen to have quite a few glass baby food jars on-hand, that is what I decided to put my concoction in  =)

So, for all intents and purposes----You're finished! 

For use, just keep it handy so that you can use it when you bathe.  Scrub gently over your lips, and then rinse off.  That's it!!  I used it immediately after I made it, and my lips instantly felt smoother and more moisturized.  They STILL feel good. . .  Makes you want to say "Mmmwwwwaaaahhhhhh".  Feels good to say. . .

Basically, all I am saying is that, if you're in the mood to say "Mmmwwwwaaaahhhhhh", then you should proceed with wild abandon.  That's all.

So the project was basically over, and then I remembered that. . . I happen to own a glue gun.  And glue sticks.  . . . .And I just happened to find a pretty fake flower in the drawer with the baby jars.  So. . . .



It was time for fun with a little grey glue gun (one of THE best things ever invented. . . or top 10.  Gotta be.). . .




. . . and a few well-placed drops of hot glue later----and voila'!



A very lovely little (though completely girly) jar to hold my lip scrub =)

And this it where it now resides:




I'm so proud =)

TA-DAAAAAA!!!!  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment